Velopula Island is 27 nautical miles northwest of the tip of Hydra is an elongated island with a length of about 3 km with a width of 800 meters and on the south side of the island its highest tip is 227 meters. The lighthouse in the small bay is remaining from the Proto-Hellenic period from when there was a naval station of the Proto-Hellenics for their sea route to Milos and the Aegean islands for trade and transportation.
In Velopoula there is the chapel of All Saints, located on the east coast of the island and a lighthouse built in 1884. Since 1884, a lighthouse of 10 meters has been on the island. The height of the tower is 10 meters. The island belongs to the Municipality of Spetses and is located next to Spetsopoula. Access is by boat from Spetses.