Prestigious property for sale in the heart of the Chianti Classico region is comprised of a luxury villa on three levels, a cottage with holiday apartments, a swimming pool, tennis court, and wine cellar. In all, approximately, 4135 sqm (44 508 sq ft) of buildings set in 101 hectares (249.6 acres) of land with a productive olive grove. There was an ancient Etruscan-Roman settlement on the estate and the first evidence of the villa dates back to 1033 in a notarial deed. As can be attested from various documentations, around the fifteenth century the original owners were the nobles of the Cecchini di Panzano family, then passed to Domenico Giannozzo Da Cepparello in 1621, in 1714 to the Pianigiani and in 1852 to Prince Ferdinando Strozzi; the last time it changed hands was to Baron Giorgio Sonnino (in 1892), president of the Council of Ministers from 1906 to 1909. Documents certify that the villa is the only one dating back to the Seventh Century in Chianti Classico area. Inside the villa there is the archive of Baron Sonnino. The wonderful halls are nineteenth-century halls and the private chapel instead dates back to the sixteenth century. The chapel is dedicated to Santa Maria Maddalena de 'Pazzi, one of the most important ecstatic saints venerated by local catholicity, who seems to have lived for a short period at the end of the 16th century, in the castle opposite the villa. Given the size, position and historical value associated with this estate, the property is used as a private residence with luxury tourist accommodation, and for events such as weddings, conferences and concerts.
PROPERTY Ref: CNT2121